Dienstag, 3. Januar 2012

Die Groszstadt - Part II


Maybe you can see it is also a tribute to George Grosz (1893-1959) hence the spelling in the original title. It doesn't translate too well into english because we have this funny "ß". George Grosz changed the spelling from Groß into Grosz because he wanted to let it appear less german and more international. Same with John Heartfield who was born as Helmut Herzfeld. I did just read that a possible translation for Kremers could be Chandler....but then again: What would Raymond do?

2 Kommentare:

  1. I am part German and my last name found it's history in Prussia. But to me it doesn't sound German at all. And how do we translate 'Cillessen' into an English name? I have no clue.

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. You already have an english nom de plume ;-)

    AntwortenLöschen